Welcome

Welcome
Kanji and Decia are waiting for you!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Kanji is off to "Summer Camp"

I am going to visit my mother in Florida for about a week and leaving Kanji behind. This is always a tough decision with me - to bring him or not. My mothers condo complex allows dogs but now seems to enforcing the rule that it only allows dogs that live there full time - no visiting dogs. It's causing some issues that I don't want to exacerbate so I will be leaving him behind this time around. I will miss him but I am not sure he will be missing me.



He is probably thrilled because he is going to "Summer Camp"! - Well not really, but he is going to be staying with friends in Holliston who live on the "acreage" - basically a little island surrounded by water - where he can run free and be "abused" by their 2 year old chocolate lab. Well not really abused - more like molested. For some reason their dog is enamored by my little fluffy guy - can't get enough of his smell and seems to be drooling over him constantly. Kanji plays a lot of run away. Outside there is no problem but inside it is definitely a game of hide and seek. Either way he is basically in doggy heaven. My friends love him and the feeling is definitely mutual. Usually Kanji wants to follow me everywhere but when he is with them I don't exist - so I don't feel guilty leaving him behind with the molester. They feed him things I won't and play with him a lot more than I can - and despite the fact their dog is a molester, he has a full time playmate - what more can you ask for.

So I am off to Florida for a week, guilt free knowing my dog is well taken care of happy to be away from me for awhile, away from the store and at summer camp.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment