Welcome

Welcome
Kanji and Decia are waiting for you!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake

I wanted to make some special treats for a store event and found a great recipe for a Peanut Butter Carrot Cake - I made it as a cake the first time but since then I use mini cup cake holders and make bite size (one bite for the big dogs/a few bites for the smaller ones!). My customers keep asking me to sell these in addition to the bakery cookies I have in the treat case - but that's a whole other issue to deal with and I will leave that up to the professionals!

Recipe:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool. You can frost them or just leave them as is - I don't think the dogs care - they seem to love them either way.


Frosting: Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing (I sometimes add a little peanut butter to this - or you can add food coloring to make it more festive. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots.

An alternative frosting: Cream Cheese Dog Treat Frosting
12 ounces nonfat cream cheese, room temperature2 teaspoons honey Directions: Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Frost cupcakes with a spatula or pipe using a pastry bag with a fine tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment